The Decision is Made
Amber Shantelle Craft
So, I have made the decision to try to go the traditional route for the time being. I had decided to just try until the end of 2017 to find an editor, but today, I found out that Marisa Corvisiero will be in Omaha, Ne in the future to give her Author-Prenuer Workshop.
There will be the opportunity to pitch, get advice, and learn from one of the top agencies how to know which route is best for you and your book. I feel partially like a failure, that I am not going ahead and self publishing like some are, but I don't want to do what I did last time, and go one route, when I feel that I have something good enough to go another route. Another part of me feels like others will think less of me for waiting, like I am being chicken.
But I learned SO much at the Colorado Writing Conference in 2016, that even if I do decide to go ahead and self publish, I would be doing myself a disservice NOT to go to the workshop, especially when it is so close this time, which rarely happens. At least this time, I know about it in time to save, instead of scrambling last minute for the money.